Saturday, February 28, 2015

2015 (1) January (1) 2014 (1) January (1) 2013 (3) December (1) February (2) 2012 (


I had to have it. I wanted scalloped oysters as an appetizer with Christmas dinner. I like doing things properly. So, open your oysters with a real oyster knife. One day before Christmas Eve, yes yes everything in the end, I walked into a store. The first thought was not very positive. Man almighty what is this? This shop had stood 55 years into its design. I thought here I am certainly was not true vinden.Weinig prepared with logic. After some back and forth walked fishies I had little hope of finding an oyster knife. I walked to the exit until I saw the oyster knife with almost disbelief in a half-empty glass case that I needed. Ha, although held in an old box together with yellowed tape. Everyone knows Jan Snel and his shop. He had huge brushes eyebrows and a shirt collar with a brown border. That led me off so that I enumerated the price he did not want to understand once seemed. I said excuse me? 31 euros? Yes, that's on he said. I took it out of the box and I must say that it was quality. I wanted it necessarily because I had already done with a potato peeler and that was not too easy. So, now I have the knife, well the oysters yet. Recently, a colleague managed to tell me where I could find them. Never knew you could find them here on the Dutch waterfront. Raw oysters I do not really tasty. But as with herring, I want to learn to eat it. However, scalloped oysters (picture) in a freshly whipped cream sauce with pepper, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, garlic, chopped onion, parsley and grated young cheese, divine! With a sturdy screwdriver and gloves, I went out to stabbing in the refuge of Bruinisse oysters. Lovely to be so early in the morning at low tide and around freezing with some gulls as companions to stroll along the water to stabbing oysters. I even dared such verwente oyster lovers that do, some oysters on the spot immediately after opening out of the shell to slurp inside. Bon Appetit!
Blog Archive
2015 (1) January (1) 2014 (1) January (1) 2013 (3) December (1) February (2) 2012 (4) July (1) June (1) March (1) February (1) 2011 (6) October (1) august (3) June (1) May (1) 2010 (9) November (1) October (1) September (1) august (1) June (1) February (1) January (3) What is the nature offers us: Oysters what nature offers us: Cockles Stinkie Mouse 2009 (12) December (1 ) November (1) October (1) September (1) July (2) June (1) May (3) January (2) 2008 (17) December (1) November (4 ) October (1) august (2) June (2) April (2) March (3) February (2) 2007 (10) December (1) November (2) September (1 ) August (1) July (1) June (2) May (2)


No comments:

Post a Comment